Wednesday 21 January 2009

Bad Loser! (DS Lite)

I bought one of these DS Lites over Xmas and a copy of Mario Kart DS cos I used to play it a decade ago on SNES. It's lime green (yuk) but at least that's better than pink. There were no other colours available.

I can manage to steer the thing around the track and do okay. After a week a friend told me you can play with other players over Wifi - I completely missed that point! So when I got home, I did just that. I wasn't very good but I knew this anyway but still came 3rd (out of 4!).

On the 4th round of my second game, 2 people had already bailed by that time and I was left playing against some guy who had what looks like a custom kart - I'm assuming as you play it upgrades your options - not only did it look like a custom kart but he was the last to choose character so I'm also guessing he was sat there working out what options worked best to his advantage.

I wasn't bothered, it's a game and I expected to lose because he or she was good.

Anyway, several seconds in to the first lap of last round (s)he fell off the edge. Guess what happened next...

"Your opponent has disconnected."

He'd turned off his DS so that he didn't get a lose. Chances are I would have fallen off at least once also, but I would have carried on anyway.

What a f------g bad loser.

No comments: